Monday, November 06, 2006

I Surrender All?

Father,
Right now my heart is feeling rather numb. It keeps crying "why?!"
Oh God, I don't want to question Your heart, Your plans. At the same time I have questions; I long to know why certain things must be part of that Plan.

But Lord, You always gently remind me in these moments, of Your passion for me, Your goodness, Your glory. Hearing and seeing this, how can I do anything but surrender?

So Father, I do. I surrender. Again. I surrender the pain and trust You in it. I surrender my desires and long for You even more. I surrender my questions, in faith remembering Your faithfulness. I surrender my plans, knowing Your's are so much better. I surrender this vulnerable state of my heart and run to Your open arms for comfort and protection.

I love You. Give me the grace to surrender all. Only then will I be whole...and wholly Your's.

No comments: