Tuesday, June 26, 2007

random, rambling prayer

I am in a forest.
I walk through a clearing, but it is filled with a low, thick fog. Ahead is another section of dense woods. I keep seeing light ahead, yet the path seems to continue to lead only to more forest.
And more fog-filled openness.

Lord, I know what I desire: Your glory.
I know when I am most satisfied: in Your presence.
I know where my source of greatest joy lies: Your voice.
I know where I am most free: Your arms.

You are revealing truths to me. You are stretching me.
You are allowing heat.
Let me be refined, God.
I pray for the heart to become in the heat exactly what You desire.

I am unworthy of this...
I feel like a clump of sand being put in the fire, sometimes:
Why bother?!
How I praise You that You don't see me as such.
I am not a "waste of the flame"
Because of JESUS.

Hold me close as You shape me.
I want to be restricted only by the affections that glorify You.

I love You, Father.

No comments: