Sunday, November 19, 2006

Another prayer

Father,
I'm homesick. I'm emotional. I'm tired. I need You to hold me. I feel myself wanting to hide...physically! I can't take this "life" for very long. The messages have been amazing; the ways You have spoken to my heart are priceless. I am so thankful! Yet why do I have this horrible longing at the same time? I wonder if it isn't because I still have a sense, despite the beauty and blessing, that this time is rather unrealistic, that the day-to-day living, the "regular" ups and downs, joys and sufferings, are real life. They are what I want to go back to, to practice these new truths I've learned.

Even as I write this, I hear You speaking. This daily living I'm speaking of isn't real life either, is it?! It's familiar, it is real, but the Life You are holding, the one to come, the everlasting one, is true Life. You see that. Oh, how I long for that day - that eternity - even more now. Thank You for the parallel. The real picture. Strengthen me now and hold me.
I love You, Father.

No comments: